The gallery complex "La Casona" is located in the former Palace
of the Count of Jaruco, built in 1737 on the remains of an older house
from the same century. "La Casona" is a facility of the Fondo
Cubano de Bienes Culturales, the public institution for the art trade
established in 1978. There are four galleries in the building: Roberto
Diago - specializing in "primitive" art; La Boutique - craft
industry; El patio de las Columnas - gallery for contemporary art; the
jewelry workshop of Raúl Valladares.